Box lunches can be ordered.
Committee members are eager to shre their knowledge with you!
League studies are a fascinating way to learn more about an issue, your community, and yourself. It is exciting to explore complex, important topics in a friendly and inquisitive group. Encouraging active and informed civic participation by all is the mission of the League; by participating in one of our studies, you really make democracy work!
Learn more about what studies are and why they matter by reading the materials in the blue box on the left of this page.
Contact LWV Eden Area for more information about this event. Some local committees do not require you to be a member to participate in discussions (though they usually require you to be a member to contribute to the consensus decisions).
The study will include:
- a review of the current LWVC position on the Initiative and Referendum Process
- the history of initiative and referendum, with a focus on California
- how the initiative and referendum processes have changed and are changing
- identification of key issues for California
- ideas for change and reform of the initiative and referendum processes
- creation of community education and outreach material for use by local Leagues and other groups.
More information is on our site, including a detailed study guide, meeting ideas, and timeline.
Members are encouraged to join the state-wide Yahoo Group to discuss the Initaitive and Referendum study.
Don't live or work in the Eden Area, but want to get involved? Contact your local League.