Come meet your fellow editors and help improve Wikipedia articles! Wikipedia is one of the most widely used online information sources - don't you think the League's expertise would be of help? Particularly because some of the people signed up for this event want to improve the information on Wikipedia about redistricting!
Don't know how to edit Wikipedia? That's ok, friendly, experienced
editors will be here to help!
Everyone is welcome to come edit Wikipedia with us at this event.
Women, men, new editors, archivists and librarians who have resources to
share about much needed coverage areas in Wikipedia (women's history,
Bay Area history & culture, contemporary culture), those who want to
learn how to edit or can teach others how, and anyone with an interest
having a great time & editing collaboratively are encouraged to
What to bring
- a laptop
- ideas for topics or articles you might want to work on (see below)
- any relevant reference materials you might have
- a friend – we love to meet new would-be-editors! (you can also bring your spouse, kids, family, etc.)
- any digital photos you've taken that you would like to use on Wikipedia.
- or, if you don't have any of the above, just bring yourself :-)
- If you don't have a laptop to bring, please make a note when you sign up, and we will try to arrange a loaner!