State or National:
Position in Brief:
Support an adequately funded mental health care system that provides comprehensive services to the acutely, chronically and seriously mentally ill of all ages, maintains optimal mental health services for all clients, places emphasis on meeting the needs of children, offers mental health services for the homeless, seeks additional funds for preventive services, implements a master plan to integrate services, raises awareness of critical unmet needs and emphasizes case management.
- An adequately funded county mental health care system that:
- provides comprehensive services to the acutely, chronically and seriously mentally ill of all ages.
- places emphasis on meeting the needs of children.
- seeks additional funds to provide preventive services.
- offers mental health services for the homeless.
- maintains optimum mental health services for all clients.
- Implementation of a master plan that:
- ensures that there will be a network of integrated services, clearly defined and consistent with a community support model.
- advocates an awareness of and concern about the critical unmet needs within the county.
- emphasizes case management that includes assistance with housing, financial entitlements, rehabilitative and vocational programs.
- Centers for the seriously and chronically mentally ill apart from the county system.
- Regulations that provide an adequate length of time for evaluation and treatment of involuntary holds.
- Model mandatory outpatient care program with adequate supervisory staff.