Support an adequately funded mental health care system that provides comprehensive services to the acutely, chronically and seriously mentally ill of all ages; maintains optimal mental health services for all clients; places emphasis on meeting the needs of children; offers mental health services for the homeless; seeks additional funds for preventive services; implements a master plan to integrate services; raises awareness of critical unmet needs; and emphasizes case management.
- An adequately funded county mental health care system that:
- provides comprehensive services to the acutely, chronically and seriously mentally ill of all ages;
- places emphasis on meeting the needs of children;
- seeks additional funds to provide preventive services;
- offers mental health services for the homeless;
- maintains optimum mental health services for all clients.
- Implementation of a master plan that:
- ensures that there will be a network of integrated services, clearly defined and consistent with a community support model;
- advocates an awareness of and concern about the critical unmet needs within the county;
- emphasizes case management that includes assistance with housing, financial entitlements, rehabilitative and vocational programs.
- Centers for the seriously and chronically mentally ill apart from the county system.
- Regulations that provide an adequate length of time for evaluation and treatment of involuntary holds.
- Model mandatory outpatient care program with adequate supervisory staff.