Please contact our Communications Manager, Elizabeth Leslie: eleslie [at] lwvc.org or (888) 870-8683
View our recent press releases and statements to the public.
- We oppose deportation of undocumented immigrants.
- We reject discrimination based on religion, including orders or actions that target Muslims or immigrants from majority-Muslim nations.
- We fight discrimination and any threats to civil and human rights.
Do you stand with us? Make our Voice Louder - Join Us!
Learn more about our position.
California Common Cause has published it's Municipal Democracy Index, a survey of the governance, election, and campaign practices of ALL 482 cities in California with info like:
· What form of government do most cities use;
· Which offices are elected;
· What voting system do cities use, including the number of cities using at-large, by-district, and from-district elections; and
· Which cities have campaign contribution limits and which cities post campaign disclosures online.
Mark your calendars for our Convention in Sacramento, A Capital Connection! On June 1–June 4 at the Sheraton Grand Hotel.
We need your help. For months, we’ve witnessed growing anti-government rhetoric in the media and in our public discourse. Accusations of “rigged elections” and “inherent corruption in our political process” have become commonplace. For many, memes have replaced journalism and threats and insults have replaced political debate.
Legislative transparency, improvements for our kids dominate
Prop 51, our state school facilities bond measure passed with 54% of the vote! Our Yes on Proposition 51 campaign issued the following statement:
Now that California’s voters have overwhelmingly approved Proposition 54, the California Legislature Transparency Act is now the law of the land, enshrined within California’s Constitution.
Find out the results of the election from Voter's Edge California. Enter your address and see all the reporting, hour by hour.
More can be found on the California Secretary of State's website.
Making Ballot Propositions Easy to Understand! Get Clarity. Get Voting!