If you live in Madera, Napa, Nevada, Sacramento, or San Mateo county, you now have more days and more ways to vote!
All registered voters will receive their ballot in the mail starting about a month before Election Day, Tuesday, November 6.
Missed the registration deadline? No problem! Now you can register and vote at the same time, at any Vote Center, all the way through Election Day, Tuesday, November 6.
Ways to vote in your county:
All registered voters will automatically get a ballot in the mail. You have 3 ways to return your completed ballot:
- Mail it back. Postage is paid in Madera, Napa, Nevada, and San Mateo counties. In Sacramento County, you must place 71 cents worth of postage on the envelope.
- Drop off your ballot at a secure Ballot Dropbox. Check here for Dropbox locations and hours in your county.
- Visit any Vote Center in your county to drop off your ballot or vote in person. Check here fore Vote Center locations and hours in your county.
What is a Vote Center?
Most neighborhood polling places will no longer be used for voting. Instead you can vote at any Vote Center in your county. At a Vote Center, you can:
- Vote in-person.
- Drop off your completed ballot or get a replacement ballot.
- Vote using an accessible voting machine.
- Get help and voting materials in multiple languages.
- Didn’t register in time? No problem! At Vote Centers you can sign up and vote on the same day all the way through Election Day.
Check here fore Vote Center locations and hours in your county.
Are you ready for Election Day?
- Research the candidates and measures on your ballot at Voter's Edge, the leading ballot lookup tool in California.
- Not sure if you are registered to vote? Check your voter registration status at VoterStatus.sos.ca.gov
More about the Voter's Choice Act: